Flatirons Counseling Services provides eating disorder counseling and therapy to individuals with challenges related to food, weight and body image. While most eating disorders are associated with young women, children and men may also develop these issues.
The following are common eating disorders:
- Anorexia Nervosa – substantial weigh loss as a result of self-starvation and/or purging
- Bulimia Nervosa – binge eating followed by food purging
An eating disorder may consume you with obsessive behavior, depression, and isolation. If you suspect that you are suffering from an eating disorder, or notice any of the following distress signals, please seek help from Flatirons Counseling Services:
- Restricting food intake or fasting
- Secretive food consumption
- Purging after meals
- Taking laxatives or medication to lose weight
- Significant weight loss
- Constant fatigue and depression
- Lack of concentration
- Irregular periods, bloodshot eyes, swollen glands
- Dressing too heavily for warm weather
How Can Flatirons Counseling Services Help with Eating Disorders?
Flatirons Counseling Services’ eating disorder counseling and therapy involves an interdisciplinary approach, depending on your eating disorder, in a discrete environment. Therapy provides a significant possibility of recovery and paves the way toward understanding your problem. In general, eating disorders stem from a complicated set of issues that may range from self-esteem or identity issues. Flatirons Counseling Services aims to identify these problems so that you can regain a sense of self and of control over your own life.
To learn more about how Flatirons Counseling Services can help you with eating disorders, whether you are possibly suffering from anorexia or bulimia, contact us for a complimentary initial consultation regarding our eating disorder counseling and therapy services.